To support our founding team, we’re looking for a passionate person with an interest in venture capital and entrepreneurship as Student Assistant (“Werkstudent”) (m/f/d) starting as soon as possible for at least 10 hrs / week - preferably even more.
Smart Infrastructure Ventures (‚SIVentures‘) is a private venture capital fund. Our office is based in Leipzig’s SpinLab (in the Baumwollspinnerei) where we are focussing on venture capital investments in early-stage software startups. We invest from € 200k in companies within smart city, energy, proptech, e-mobility, IoT, ehealth etc. Our hands-on team of three founders has extensive international knowledge in finance, entrepreneurship, innovation & venture capital.
We provide access to infrastructure (co-working office space and technology), coaching and mentoring, as well as to our international network of successful business founders, established market players and leading investors. As SIVentures is a startup itself, there are limited pre-defined structures and processes so you will have a lot of flexibility and responsibility. Therefore, being a self-starter with a hands-on mentality is a must.
- Proactively source startups of different sectors
- Review & evaluate those startups
- Maintain startup databases
- Attend pitch events & conferences to identify promising startups
- Speak to founders about their startups, traction & fundraising
- Research projects within venture capital
- General support of our founding team
- Currently studying for a Science or Business Master degree
- At least 1 year until your graduation
- Leipzig based
- Excellent academic track record
- Reliable self-starter
- High level of commitment & motivation
- Fluent in German and English (both written and oral)
- Experiences in venture capital and/or entrepreneurship advantageous (either as part of your studies or through an internship)
- A fun, creative & international working environment within the startup accelerator SpinLab
- A small motivated team where you work directly with founders & receive direct feedback
- Many opportunities to develop yourself and to broaden your skill set
- A high level of responsibility and ambitious tasks within a strong team
- After a starting phase onsite, we will offer flexible working time and partially remote work
The starting date is flexible – let us know in your application when you can start. Please apply via this platform - click on the "Apply Online" button below. For any questions please contact: Smart Infrastructure Ventures GmbH Dirk Frohnert email@example.com www.smartinfrastructure.ventures